16 – 20th September 2019, ARDC-Bajo: The Agriculture Research and Extension Division, Department of Agriculture (DoA) is conducting the fourth round of Training on Research Methodologies and Scientific Paper Writing for the Agriculture Research Assistant and Officers under Department of Agriculture. A total of 23 Agriculture Scientists from Agriculture Research and Development Centres (Bajo, Samtenling, Wengkhar & Yusipang), and Central Programs (NPPC, NSSC, NMC, NSC, NPHC & AMC), are participating in the training.
The objectives of the training are:
- To introduce the concept of agriculture experimentation, planning and conducting field experiments to the researchers for promotion of agriculture science
- To transfer the art and skills of developing concept note, research proposals, and scientific writing
- To motivate and promote young scientist in agriculture through scientific writing
- To encourage young agriculture scientists to display their skills and knowledge to the scientific community.
- To strengthen and upgrade research quality and inculcate the culture of research and scientific writing.
The training was graced by the Chief, Agriculture Research and Extension Division, Department of Agriculture and the fund for the training is support by Global Environment Facility – Least Developed Countries Fund (GEF-LDCF) Project:” Enhancing Sustainability and Climate Resilience and Community Livelihoods in Bhutan.
The training is facilitated by senior researchers of DoA.